Currently accepting applications for positions listed below, please click here to submit an application for employment. All applications submitted for positions other than those listed will not be considered.
Current Positions Available:
POSITION TITLE: Retail Mortgage Loan Originator
JOB LOCATION: First State Bank Nebraska - To Be Determined
- Take application, ability to process and close mortgage loans intended for sale on the secondary market.
- Maintain a high production pipeline that includes a variety of loan types.
- Serves as the primary communication contact with customers, real estate agents, title companies, other related parties and other bank lenders throughout the loan process.
- Anticipate requirements of the loan cycle from beginning to end.
- Establish, monitor and help the department to attain internal performance objectives.
- Request and gather documentation from customers, businesses and others. Review information and loan documentation prior to submission to underwriting.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of all secondary market investor guidelines, QC requirements, federal regulations, and bank policy.
- Ensure all transactions meet compliance with bank, regulatory and investor guidelines, and customer service standards.
- Maintain pre-qualification and pre-approvals.
- Resolve all investor and internal pending items.
- Assist loan officers with, pipeline management, marketing database maintenance, and scheduling of appointments when needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 5+ years of experience as a secondary market loan originator with 3+ years experience as a loan originator of Fannie Mae, USDA, FHA, and VA loans.
- Knowledge and understanding of all Federal and State regulations regarding residential lending.
- Minimum 1 year experience with Mortgagebot, Calyx/Point and DocMagic.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience with Word and Excel. Experience with Navigator (Premier) and Access are a plus.
- Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with customers, co-workers and outside bank personnel.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Must be able to read reports and use computer.
WORK HOURS: Standard branch hours and occasionally after hours to accommodate customer meetings.
First State Bank Nebraska is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AAP and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex. First State Bank Nebraska prohibits discrimination against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, or veteran's status.