Currently accepting applications for positions listed below, please click here to submit an application for employment. All applications submitted for positions other than those listed will not be considered.
Current Positions Available:
POSITION TITLE: FULL-TIME RETAIL MORTGAGE LOAN PROCESSOR/CLOSER
JOB LOCATION: First State Bank Nebraska - Thompson Creek
- Review residential loan application file, verifies application data is complete and meets secondary market standards, including type and amount of mortgage, borrower assets, liabilities, length of employment and other criteria as required by correspondent investors.
- Transcribe or compose letters, memos and other material related to processing loans. This requires the ability to write exceptionally well, while maintaining the highest standards of professionalism.
- Maintain well-organized, uniform and complete files using checklists and following lending regulations. File all documents in a timely manner. Record collateral (if any).
- Process and verify documents/information received from customers by calling employers, arranging for appraisals, etc.
- Order abstract updates and appraisals.
- Submit mortgage loan application files for underwriting approval.
- Request and gather documentation from customers, businesses and others. Review information and loan documentation prior to submission to underwriting.
- Prepare mortgage loan files for settlement.
- Prepare HMDA data sheets.
- Responsible for MERS Tracking.
- Submit closed loan package to secondary market investors for funding.
- Close out denied or withdrawn loan file.
- Adhere to underwriting and quality control requirements in preparing file, maintain investor standards for compliance to policies and guidelines
- Prepare checklist specific to loan program.
- Ability to adapt to new investors and compliance changes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Prefer bachelor’s degree in business, finance or accounting and/or commensurate experience.
- Prefer at least 5 years of experience in banking.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Extensive knowledge of software products needed to perform job.
- Able to use general office machines.
- Excellent customer service, training and communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of bank operations.
- Attentive to detail, accurate, self-motivated, flexible, organized and able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. First State Bank Nebraska prohibits discrimination against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity or national origin, genetic information, pregnancy, disability or veteran's status.