ATM/Visa Debit Cards
First State Bank Nebraska offers both ATM and Visa Check Cards for your convenience to get cash or make purchases without having to write a check. Our ATM card is available for anyone with a checking or savings account and is an easy way to access cash from an ATM. Visa Check cards applications are available at our locations. Apply today!
Advantages of Visa Check Cards
- Accepted at millions of locations worldwide anywhere Visa is displayed to simplify purchasing.
- Saves money on checks.
- Allows you to track transactions on your monthly statement.
- No hassles of identification when using your Visa Check Card.
Tips When Traveling Abroad
- International ATMs may save you money. Withdrawals are dispensed in local currency and are debited from your account in U.S. dollars based on a favorable exchange rate.
- All MasterCard/Maestro/Cirrus ATMs feature easy-to-read instructions in English and the local language.
- Some international ATMs are available only during normal business hours. Hours vary from country to country.
- Most international ATMs do not permit transactions involving multiple accounts. Most likely, your transaction will be routed to your primary account.
- Four-digit numeric PINs are standard in most countries. If you have an alphabetic PIN, translate the letters into numbers before leaving the country.
Protecting Your Card
- Keep your card in a safe place to avoid damage.
- Memorize your Personal Identification Number (PIN). Never write the PIN down on anything in your wallet or on the card itself.
- When selecting a PIN, avoid numbers and letters that relate to your personal information. For example, don't use your initials, birthday, telephone or Social Security number. If you have such a number, contact your bank and get a new PIN issued.
- Immediately report a lost or stolen card to your financial institution.
- To help guard against fraud, keep your ATM receipts until you check them against your monthly statement.
If your check card is lost or stolen, contact us immediately at 877-303-9737. After bank hours, call (800)264-5578 to cancel your card.